ANIMAL RENDERING - TALLOW
APPLICATION - Measure the % Moisture of a Tallow and Water Liquid Stream after an Evaporator. Used to control the removal of Moisture in the Tallow:
DESCRIPTION - These are Continuous Processes with our system being used for Closed Loop Control and Visual Monitoring.
1. Tallow in this application would be defined as beef fat.
2. After the Animal has been slaughtered and processed into Ground Meet, Steaks, and Other parts, there remains a large amount of tallow or Animal Fat.
3. This Tallow must be processed before it can be Incinerated.
4. The Customer wants to maintain the % Moisture in the Tallow as low as possible. Down around 0.1% if possible.
BENEFITS - By continuously measuring the amount of Moisture in the Tallow, the operator can assure himself that there is never an excess amount of moisture in the Tallow. A very low moisture content is required if the operator wants to burn the Tallow in a Boiler. They will save money because the Customer:
1. Will receive more money for their product and pay lower penalties for being out of Specification.
2. Will have a more efficient plant, which will use less energy.
- Will have an Incineration Process that runs more efficiently
REPEATABILITY - +/- 0.1 % is possible with a good Calibration Curve.
MEASURING RANGE - 0.1 % - 25%
HK EQUIPMENT - HK2-M IN LINE WITH A 3-INCH SPOOL PIECE
success through innovation!